Step up and Run for Office!
Did you know that there are 16 Seats for the house and Senate that there is not even a Republican running for here in Arizona. Out of 90 over 60 are already Republican and we could take a few more away if people ran.
The good news is that there is still time for some good people to step up and fill these spots. All they need to do is fill out a simple form and they will be a write in candidate. Once they hold the August primary election they will be the Republican Candidate because no one else is running. Then they will be on the November ballot for the General Election. All 16 of these seats are in areas that have more Democrats than Republicans, but this year the Democrat base is discouraged and the Republican base is energized and will vote to make sure Obama does not get back into the White House. this will give a 10-15% boost to Republican Candidates.
If the area you live in is currently full it is too late to run, but PLEASE do step 1 2 and 5 below to become active in the party.
People Currently Running.
There are two openings for the house in each area and two for the senate. Go to the Sec of State Office website for full listing. CLICK HERE If you run, even if you don’t win you will have a chance to get your views out and to give Republican voters a real choice in the election. It is so discouraging as a republican to go to the polls and not be able to vote on an important position.
Map of LD’s
You will need to know where you live to see if you, or someone you know lives in an area that has an open seat. These are the updated Maps.
CLICK HERE FOR MAPS (Look at LD Maps not CD ones)
Now lets get started…
- Step 1 Register as Republican if not already, go to servicearizona.com to do it.
- Step 2 Fill out this form to be a Precinct Committeeman. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE, Print, Notarize, then send to Maricopa County. This is ONLY the form for Maricop County. This form is due on June 13th at 5PM. You don’t NEED to be a PC but it is HIGHLY suggested. After June 13th you can not be an elected PC anymore but you can be an appointed one. To be appointed you must contact your LD Chairman. An appointed PC does not get a vote at the meetings in January and can not be a State Committeeman, but is the same otherwise.
- Step 3 Fill out this form for write in candidate. CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION According to the Sec of State Website the deadline is July 19, 2012 to file, but I would suggest that you file ASAP. You will also need to open a Campaign Committee to file your finance records, this is rather simple and is free, like everything else.
- Step 4 Go to county recorder and file forms and create campaign, they will also give you a quick walk-through of what is needed to do everything correctly.
- Step 5 Call the AZGOP office at 602-957-7770 and ask for the information about the leader of your district, they will give you their phone number if they have it. Call this person and then ask about when and where they meet. Also ask them for help in running. They will let you speak during these meetings to get more help.
- Step 6 Start Running for Office, decide on where you stand on all the issues, educate yourself, talk to people in your district, talk to other leaders, make a website (I can help you with that if you call me at 602-579-4919), make a press release to the media (The more local the more likely they will publish it)
- Step 7 Raise Money. You have two choices, either you can run “Traditional” which means that you can use your own money and family money in unlimited amounts and you can get donations up to $420 or so from Citizens to help you run. You also can try for “Clean Elections” funds, if you choose this you need to get 200 different people to give you $5 each and fill out a form, once you do that you will receive about $13,000 or so State Government. You can not use your own money or get donations over $5 per person. In both cases you will need to track and document every penny that you spend.
- Step 8 Win the Primary and keep running
- Step 9 Win the General Election
- Step 10 Take office and start making a difference, defending freedom and making our state better.
Good luck. I already have one person who wants to run in LD19. In case you were wondering in 2010 Don Shooter of Yuma followed this exact path to make is way to the state Senate, and now he is running for Re-Election.
If this page inspires you to run please call me at 602-579-4919 or add Jason Dragon on Facebook, I would like to know if this helps anyone.